009 John Lee Dumas on How to Launch a Podcast
In my interview with John Lee Dumas of Entrepreneur on Fire, we discuss key aspects of his new eBook, Podcast Launch: A Step by Step Guide of How to Launch Your Podcast.
Even if you're not about to launch a Podcast, John's inspiring story, business start-up success tips and the insights we discuss on this episode are applicable to anyone growing or starting a business. Learn how John struggled to find his element until one day, an AHA moment left no doubt what he was meant to do.
From that point on, John turned pro and launched a wildly popular business endeavor with the Entrepreneur On Fire podcast. After several months of planning, John launched his show in September of 2012 and just 7 months later grew his audience to over 150,000 unique downloads of his podcast across 140 countries.
With Entrepreneur On Fire, John interviews today's most inspiring and successful entrepreneurs, 5-days a week. His guests have included the likes of Seth Godin, Tim Ferris, Gary Vaynerchuck, Guy Kawasaki, Pat Flynn and many, many more.
Listen to this Podcast:
Listen to this podcast by using the Libsyn player below or by clicking the orange "Play" headphone button to the left (new window will open). Alternatively, click any of the links below the player. There are also a variety of smartphone apps including the Podcasts App or Stitcher to access this and the complete lineup of shows from the B2B Inbound Expert Interviews Podcast on your mobile device.
Listen to Podcast in New Window
Listen or Subscribe in iTunes
Discussed on the show
- "Podcasting is a chance to go deeper with my existing community and a way to reach a whole new community." - Adam Baker at Blogworld NYC 2012
- Why Bloggers Should Consider Podcasting (Podcast Answer Man recording and podcast of the podcasters panel at Blogworld NYC 2012)
- Compelling reason #6 why podcasting is on the brink of explosion: Podcasting provides the opportunity for an intimate connection
- John's journey and what led to the AHA moment that's changed his life
- What it really takes to become an overnight success in 7 months or 7 years
- We are just scratching the surface on the opportunities and formats of podcasting
- The importance of getting started and improving as you go with equipment, technique, workflows and more
- "The sure sign of an amateur is he has a million plans and they all start tomorrow." - Steven Pressfield in The War of Art
- How to launch your podcast right by taking advantage of the New and Noteworthy section of iTunes in the first 8 weeks
- John's tip to create multiple episodes when you launch and how to begin building your audience
- How and when to start monetizing your podcast
- Be sure to create more value than you take (via Tim O'Reily), and John's motto: "If you want to make millions, you have to inspire millions."
Connect with John and Entrepreneur On Fire
"You can get everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want." - Zig Ziglar
My next Expert Interviews guest will be Brody Dorland, co-founder of DivvyHQ, the spreadsheet-free editorial calendar application. Look for episode #010 on my podcast directory page, or simply subscribe to this podcast on iTunes :-)